The Centre for Relational and Sexual Wellbeing (Centre RSW) are always looking for Psychologists, Psychologists with an area of practice endorsement (e.g., clinical, counselling, health), Psychology Registrars, Mental Health Social Workers, Counsellors or Sexologists to join our team.
The Centre for Relational and Sexual Wellbeing (Centre RSW) is a private psychology practice that provides psychological treatment for a range of mental health concerns, with a particular focus on relational and sexual dysfunction. We have a strong, consistent, and varied referral base. We are one of the few relational and sex therapy psychology practices in Queensland.
About the opportunity.
We are looking for a fully registered Psychologist/Mental Health Social Worker (or, is close to full registration), Counsellor or Accredited Sexologist to come on board in a contractor role for 1-2 days with the capacity to grow your caseload if wanted.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who has a special interest in developing their skills in the area of relationships (couples therapy, diverse relationships, and relational/attachment issues) and sex/sexual function (sexuality, sexual pleasure and sexual difficulties). We understand that relational and sexual issues are rarely taught in university training settings, so as part of the contractor role, we will provide you with supervision and training to build your understanding and clinical skills in the assessment, formulation, and treatment of relational and sexual presentations. Alternatively, if you are already skilled in the provision of sex and relational therapy then we are able to provide peer supervision and support.
We also receive referrals for general mental health difficulties and personality disorders, so we are able to fill your caseload with a broad range of clinical presentations and we are eager to work with you to identify, build, and market your own ‘niche’ area.
What support you can expect from us
- Focused training in the assessment, formulation, and treatment of relational and sexual difficulties.
- General supervision for the purpose of continuing professional development as well as building your applied psychology skills.
- Business coaching and development, to allow you to build the foundations of a long-term career as a psychologist in private practice
- A friendly and encouraging team to work alongside.
- Admin support
What we are looking for
- Interest in the area of relational and sex therapy (essential)
- Full registration as Psychologist/Mental Health Social Worker (or ability to gain full registration) or, registered as an Society of Australian Sexologist accredited psychosexual therapist
- Eligibility to register as a Medicare provider – desirable
- Master in endorsed area of psychological practice – desirable
- Ability to work independently.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with referrers and clients
- Needs own Professional Indemnity Insurance & ABN
How to apply:
Please send us a cover letter including the reason you’re interested in this opportunity and your resume and we will get back to you shortly email@example.com